Sunday, 25 March 2012

Last few breaths


I was conducting a photography workshop along the coast of river Mula in Pune on a beautiful Saturday morning.

As I look up to watch the birds flying around, the sound of water draws my attention towards something I didn’t expect. I see a huge fish right on the coast trying to breath.


As I try to understand the situation, the answers to my questions are right in front of me.
The river has been covered by floating vegetation, causing this fish to come to the coast in search of oxygen and sunlight.


There were over hundred of such fishes breathing their last breaths along the coast.
This turned out to be a fortune for the local fishermen (mainly young boys) to get their bags full without much effort.


As they happily return home to make the most.


Here is a video of this fish breathing its last few breaths Last few breaths



No comments:

Post a Comment