A fine Sunday morning and I was photographing birds at Sangamwadi, Pune.
There were some Painted Storks, Grey Herons, Cormorants, Kingfishers and Black
Kites.
I was shooting Eurasian kingfisher in it natural habitat. Something in the
air drew my attention; it appeared like a black kite was flying with a catch. I
quickly released my lens from the tripod and started tracking the action.
What I happen to observe did surprise me a bit as I was not aware about
this behavior of the black kite. The black kite was eating in the flight. As
the kite was flying 77m away, I had to crop my images to get a closer look to
the action.
It was fascinating to watch it do that. Days later I observed another black kite eating in flight. On this occasion three other black kites and a house crow were trying to steal the catch. Wasting no time this fellow started eating in flight, he was able to grab some pieces of fish. Finally after a bit of circling around and with continuous pressure from fellow challengers he dropped the catch.
No sooner he dropped another black kite picked it up. It was a pleasure to watch the action.



No comments:
Post a Comment